Crystal Lake, IL Location
Summary: The Tax Manager supervises engagements and assumes full responsibility for tax compliance and various projects relative to assigned client engagements including review of individual, trust, estate, non-profit, partnership, and corporate returns; tax research; preparation of client memoranda; and preparation of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments. The Tax Manager has specific practice development goals to drive revenue and manage client engagements. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership development and career advancement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, partnership, fiduciary, non-profit, gift, and multi state).
- Review compiled financial statements for corporations, non-profit entities, partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individuals and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C-Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organization.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Assign projects to staff that can process them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients’ needs.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with new hire and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by management and clients.
- Take direction from and report to firm partners.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Ultratax, Thomson Reuters/RIA Checkpoint software.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- CPA Certification required.
- Master’s degree in tax or accounting or other major with intermediate tax and accounting course work completed.
- Minimum of six years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm.
- Minimum of two years of experience reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
<< Return to Careers Page